Total Pageviews

Monday, January 10, 2011

A CINQUAIN OR TWO

I thought
cin quains had four
lines so I wrote all these
that way.

I was
also told that
the best ones are not seer
-ree- ous

So I
wrote these
as fun nee as I could
make them

000
He said:
Can we make love.
She said: No, you do not
love me.

Lamb roast
with the trimmings
makes a fine meal but so
does beef.

The girl
had high heels and
a short skirt, tight blouse and
no bra.

Ants are
very small so I
am sure that they do not
eat much

Four eggs
plus flour and salt
fried in a hot pan make
a mess.

I love
to kiss and try
to go much further than
she does.
000

Then I
discovered they
have five lines with six words
here, then eight, and they could have great
mean ing.

So I
wrote a whole new
set of dogg'rl that I
hoped would be in- sight- ful cinquains.
Like these:

000

The love
of my life is
gone. Long ago she found
an other and went with him far
a way.

I loathe
those who are rude,
who bring unhappiness.
I love all others on this earth.
(I think).

In years
long gone wives wore
chast ity belts. More use,
I am sure, were branks which were worn
by scolds.

I like
my car to go
very fast but it will not
for it is far too worn and old.
like me.

000
One should
not laugh when one
writes a poem of five lines
but I must laugh when I write a
cin quain.

No comments:

Post a Comment