Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 9, 2011

A LOST LOVE

It is Sunday, almost lunchtime,
The dog asleep beside me. Making noises
Fitful sun, white clouds, as it is for the world around me
Friends , lovers, my children, you, other friends
I do not know what is happening
Right now. What is taking place
Thoughts so monstrous, so hurtful,
Intrude.

A week has been a roller coaster,
Two days, even three in living blackness
A week ago, a week without parallel
Ending in unbelievable sadness.
There is a hope, a few short days away
I hope, but I do not know.

I have no idea how you will feel when you return,
I dread it. I cannot see how it would be otherwise.
For the memories are still fresh
I want to be with you. But I cannot see you saying yes,
when it is such a short time to remember back
to remember what was , what just was
I want to see you, talk, this afternoon, now
But tomorrow would be better
for the memories will be less fresh
memories and thoughts that are so deep.

No comments:

Post a Comment