Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

HAIKU

Serious haiku
Is deep and meaningful thought.
But not in my verse

It’s five syllables
Then just seven in this line,        
That never make sense.

For instance, today
It is raining. Tomorrow,
It is Wednesday.

Brunch can be a lunch
When it is salad and egg,
not fried spaghetti.

My car will not start
For it is old and broken;
A little like me.

Can we make love now?
No you cannot she replied,
We have only just met

How about some sex?
Yes please yes, she said eagerly,
Next Friday two weeks.

Heavens open up
I get very wet and cold,
And catch pneumonia.

Ants have small mouths
So do not eat much at all,
And do not grow big.

Five eggs in a pan
Tossed and fried up together
Are such a big mess.

I love to kiss,
And always try for more
Than she ever does.

The love of my life
Is long gone; she found another
And went off with him.

I cannot help laugh
When I write serious verse
That I call haiku.

The soul of my house
Are those who live within it.
It also needs painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment